Tuki urges Centre to strengthen DD and AIR in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged the Centre to strengthen the mass information mediums like Doordarshan and All India Radio in the state.
Tuki, who called on Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni at New Delhi yesterday discussed various issues pertaining to strengthening the system of broadcasting and dissemination of information through government-owned mass media, official sources informed here today.
Tuki was accompanied by Lok Sabha MP Ninong Ering.
Reiterating his vision to have a strong broadcasting system in the state, Tuki suggested upgrading and systematizing the communication mediums like DD and AIR that play an important role in bridging the gap between the government and its citizens.
While appreciating the enthusiasm of the chief minister, Soni assured to give top priority to strengthen the network and work efficiency of DD and AIR in Arunachal Pradesh.
Besides upgrading equipments and the broadcasting system in the existing centers, she assured to post adequate staff to man these centers, sources disclosed.
She also accepted to strengthen the transmission reach of DD and AIR by opening new centers and viable locations in the state.
On the suggestion of Tuki, the Union Minister also admitted the need to re-introduce the installation and provision of Community Listening Sets in a state like Arunachal Pradesh, where the reach of mass media is still limited to countable towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL