Tuki urges Centre to strengthen DD and AIR in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged the Centre to strengthen the mass information mediums like Doordarshan and All India Radio in the state.
Tuki, who called on Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni at New Delhi yesterday discussed various issues pertaining to strengthening the system of broadcasting and dissemination of information through government-owned mass media, official sources informed here today.
Tuki was accompanied by Lok Sabha MP Ninong Ering.
Reiterating his vision to have a strong broadcasting system in the state, Tuki suggested upgrading and systematizing the communication mediums like DD and AIR that play an important role in bridging the gap between the government and its citizens.
While appreciating the enthusiasm of the chief minister, Soni assured to give top priority to strengthen the network and work efficiency of DD and AIR in Arunachal Pradesh.
Besides upgrading equipments and the broadcasting system in the existing centers, she assured to post adequate staff to man these centers, sources disclosed.
She also accepted to strengthen the transmission reach of DD and AIR by opening new centers and viable locations in the state.
On the suggestion of Tuki, the Union Minister also admitted the need to re-introduce the installation and provision of Community Listening Sets in a state like Arunachal Pradesh, where the reach of mass media is still limited to countable towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead