Tuki urges Centre to strengthen DD and AIR in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged the Centre to strengthen the mass information mediums like Doordarshan and All India Radio in the state.
Tuki, who called on Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni at New Delhi yesterday discussed various issues pertaining to strengthening the system of broadcasting and dissemination of information through government-owned mass media, official sources informed here today.
Tuki was accompanied by Lok Sabha MP Ninong Ering.
Reiterating his vision to have a strong broadcasting system in the state, Tuki suggested upgrading and systematizing the communication mediums like DD and AIR that play an important role in bridging the gap between the government and its citizens.
While appreciating the enthusiasm of the chief minister, Soni assured to give top priority to strengthen the network and work efficiency of DD and AIR in Arunachal Pradesh.
Besides upgrading equipments and the broadcasting system in the existing centers, she assured to post adequate staff to man these centers, sources disclosed.
She also accepted to strengthen the transmission reach of DD and AIR by opening new centers and viable locations in the state.
On the suggestion of Tuki, the Union Minister also admitted the need to re-introduce the installation and provision of Community Listening Sets in a state like Arunachal Pradesh, where the reach of mass media is still limited to countable towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing