Tuki virtually launches poll campaign
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has virtually launched his poll campaign for the parliamentary and state assembly elections this year amidst a plethora of assurances.
Addressing a party rally in West Siang district yesterday, Tuki said, "When we are 56 MLAs of the total 60 and have more than 80 per cent panchayat leaders, show me a way Congress can lose in the forthcoming parliamentary or assembly elections in the state."
Official reports reaching here today said he appealed to Congress workers and panchayat leaders not to be swayed by rumours and take to electioneering with confidence.
"The Congress committed to the development and welfare of each region, district and community of the state and as its chief minister I promise to fulfill these commitments," he said, adding fulfilling his promise of providing employment to one lakh youths in the current plan period would be his priority.
Responding to a public memorandum, Tuki assured allocation of Rs three crore for improvement and maintenance of the Garu-Gensi road besides announcing Rs 1 crore for construction of a mini-stadium at Gensi.
To a request for a micro-hydel project on Sigen river, he assured that the project would be taken up and when commissioned would resolve the power crisis of both Gensi and Sibe circles. He also assured to upgrade Gensi government secondary school to a higher secondary one.
He said Rs 1 crore would be granted for construction of PHED division office building and another Rs 1 crore for construction of a new circuit house at Likabali.
Tuki said his government has already approved creation of Lower Siang district and the notification in this regard was awaited.
On the boundary row with Assam, he said the Local Boundary Commission, constituted by Supreme Court, has already visited the disputed areas and would soon submit its findings and recommendations, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Karnataka 2nd PUC result declared, overall pass percentage 57.20
- Spectacular view of fjord and glacier from NASA's IceBridge - See pic!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced in an hour @ goaresults.nic.in
- Must watch VIDEO: When RCB's Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle performed 'Bhangda'
- Michael Schumacher is 'reacting' to treatment: Ex-Ferrari boss