Tuki wants cabinet approval for creation of new dist
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has announced to move the cabinet for approval of creation of the proposed new district of Kera Dadi
with its headquarters at Jamin, bifurcating the present Kurung Kumey district.
Tuki, while responding to a memorandum submitted by MLA Takam Pario at Palin, during a public meeting assured to move the cabinet for approval of the proposal after discussing at an appropriate level, official sources said here today.
The new district would encompass the administrative centres of Pania and Pathuk Pipsorang, Tali, Gangte, Tarak Langdi, Yangte and Palin.
Once created, Kera Dadi with over 42,000 population of Tali and Palin assembly segments would be 18th district of the state, after Londing was created in September.
While suggesting engagement of experts for survey and investigation of the proposed district headquarters for a master plan, he sanctioned Rs 10 lakh for survey and investigation and urged MP Takam Sanjay and Pario to sanction
Rs 10 lakh each from their respective local area development fund, sources informed.
Reflecting his government`s commitment to balanced and rapid development throughout the state, Tuki, on his maiden visit to remote Palin announced a series of packages for the people.
"Where there is peace, there is development as peace is prerequisite to development," Tuki told a huge gathering at a public meeting before making a fervent plea to maintain peace, official sources informed today.
Development at village level is only possible where panchayat leaders actively coordinate with the executing agencies to expedite the schemes, he said while advising them to cooperate with local MLA Takam Pario to translate his
government`s plan into a reality.
Tuki`s announcements included upgradation of present local police out post to B-class police station, circle to extra assistant commissioner headquarters, sanction of Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1 crore for construction of the PS and EAC office buildings respectively, Rs 3 crore for construction of circuit house at Palin, Rs 2 crore for infrastructure development of Pania ADC headquarters, Rs 1 crore for tea
plantation, Rs 3 crore for beautification of Palin township,
assured to sanction Rs 15 crore for drinking water under the
non-lapsable central pool of resources (NLCPR) and Rs 5 crore
for construction of sports stadium.
The CM also consented to announce creation of separate
community development (CD) block for Yangte, Gangte,
establishment of a model college and construction of
Yangte-Chello village road via Korayer under central road fund
Tuki said that he had sanctioned Rs 2 crore for
immediate infrastructure development of newly created Tali
(Pathuk) ADC headquarters and favoured Palin the same way,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price