Tumultuous scenes in Tripura Assembly
Agartala: Tripura Assembly on Monday witnessed
uproarious scenes over the rape and murder of a tribal woman
with Opposition demanding resignation of Chief Minister Manik
After the Question Hour, Opposition leader Ratan Lal
Nath demanded an inquiry into the rape and murder of Nilima
Debbarma, who was a candidate of the village committee
election in Tripura Tribal Area Autonomus District Council
held on February 24 last.
She was raped and murdered near a camp of paramilitary
Tripura State Rifles (TSR) at Aidonkar area in West Tripura
district on February 18 last.
"This is very sensitive issue as three jawans of TSR were
involved in the crime and subsequently arrested," Nath said.
Chief Minister who also holds home portfolio conceded the
demanded of CBI inquiry by opposition.
After their demand was conceded, opposition legislators
further demanded resignation of the Chief Minister taking
moral responsibility for the crime.
Congress MLAs also showed placards demanding the CM`s
resignation and thumped desks.
Amidst chaotic situation, Speaker Ramendra Chandra Debnath
adjourned the house for 15 minutes and when the house
reassembled at 12.35 pm, the Opposition members repeated the
same performance and the Speaker adjourned the house for the
second time till 2.00 pm.
However, in the second session, the opposition members did
not raise the issue again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt