Twelve people killed, three injured in accident
Goalpara: Twelve people, mostly children, have been killed and three others injured when a truck mowed them down in Goalpara district late Saturday night.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control of
his vehicle and hit children, killing nine of them on the spot
and critically injuring six others, at Lella on NH 37 at 11pm,
superintendent of police Luis Aind said.
The children in the age group of 10-14 years were
walking back to their homes at Dabli after attending a Bihu
function at Lella, he said.
While three of the injured succumbed to injuries at
the hospital, the condition of three others were critical, he
Residents blocked the NH 37 immediately after the
accident which continued till 5 am today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know