Twelve people killed, three injured in accident
Goalpara: Twelve people, mostly children, have been killed and three others injured when a truck mowed them down in Goalpara district late Saturday night.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control of
his vehicle and hit children, killing nine of them on the spot
and critically injuring six others, at Lella on NH 37 at 11pm,
superintendent of police Luis Aind said.
The children in the age group of 10-14 years were
walking back to their homes at Dabli after attending a Bihu
function at Lella, he said.
While three of the injured succumbed to injuries at
the hospital, the condition of three others were critical, he
Residents blocked the NH 37 immediately after the
accident which continued till 5 am today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?