Twelve people killed, three injured in accident
Goalpara: Twelve people, mostly children, have been killed and three others injured when a truck mowed them down in Goalpara district late Saturday night.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control of
his vehicle and hit children, killing nine of them on the spot
and critically injuring six others, at Lella on NH 37 at 11pm,
superintendent of police Luis Aind said.
The children in the age group of 10-14 years were
walking back to their homes at Dabli after attending a Bihu
function at Lella, he said.
While three of the injured succumbed to injuries at
the hospital, the condition of three others were critical, he
Residents blocked the NH 37 immediately after the
accident which continued till 5 am today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family