Twin blasts in Manipur; one killed, six injured
Imphal: A labourer was killed and six others were injured when suspected militants exploded two bombs in Thoubal district of Manipur, police said on Thursday.
The remote-controlled bombs went off at around 11.45 PM last night killing Lali Kumar (30), who hailed from Punjab, on the spot.
The injured were admitted to the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital.
All the labourers were engaged in the construction of a house.
Police and central forces from nearby Pallel police station rushed to the spot and searched the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed