Two all-women post offices inaugurated in Nagaland
Kohima: Two all-women post offices have been opened in Nagaland, a postal department official said today.
The first all-women post office was inaugurated here at PR Hill sub-post office, Belho Complex by Chief Postmaster General NE Circle, Shillong, P K Swain yesterday, the second one was opened by Chief Secretary Banuo Z Jamir at the Nagaland Civil Secretariat today.
The PR Hill branch, manned by sub-postmaster Neikuo Angami and three women staffers, is the first all-women post office in the state and the fourth in the northeast region after Agartala, Shillong and Aizawl.
Swain said that both the post offices are dedicated to the women folk of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city