Two army jawans killed in quake in Sikkim
New Delhi: Two army jawans were killed and
military buildings damaged in the strong earthquake that
rocked Sikkim on Monday.
Three army vehicles and a bus with soldiers are also
reported missing in the North Sikkim area, Army officials said
"There has been fatal casualty of two Army persons in
North Sikkim area. Two to three army vehicles including one
bus with army personnel are also reported missing and efforts
have been launched to locate them," they said.
The army has also started the relief operations and a
large number of civilians have been accommodated in army areas
in Gangtok, Darjeeling and Kalingpong.
After the earthquake, the Siliguri-Gangtok road has also
been blocked and 10 Army Engineering columns have been
deployed to open the road to move rescue and relief and other
engineering equipment to the region.
Arrangements are also being made by Army to facilitate
the deployment of the National Disaster Management teams
reaching the state from various parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!