Two arrested for blast near Mizoram Parliament Secy`s residence
Aizawl: Two persons were arrested for a blast that took place near the residence of the Mizoram Parliamentary Secretary for Home, even as a Manipur-based militant group claimed responsibility for the explosions that rocked the state during the last two months.
A powerful explosion took place near the residence of the Mizoram Parliamentary Secretary for Home, Z S Zuala on Friday, following which two persons were arrested yesterday. However, there was no report of any casualty.
The two have been identified as Lalringthanga, a resident of Mualtluang, Cachar district in Assam, and H D Lalrinpuia of Vairengte, Mizoram Home minister R Lalzirliana said.
He also said that the Manipur based militant outfit, Hmar People`s Convention-Democrats (HPC-D) has claimed responsibility for the two explosions in the last two months.
The Home minister said that Lalringthanga confessed to the crime that he exploded five kg of gelatin at the behest of H D Lalhmangaiha, a known sympathiser of the HPC-D.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok