Two arrested for killing endangered `Sangai`
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested for killing endangered deer `Sangai` (brow-antlered deer) at Keibul Lamjao National Park in Bishenpur district of Manipur.
Laishram Kripa and Heisnam Lukhoi were produced before the court of Chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur, who remanded them in five-day police custody, official sources said on Sunday.
Meanwhile, environmentalists have expressed concern over poaching of `Sangai` at the protected national park and demanded exemplary punishment for poachers, a state forest official said.
Sangai, a rare and endangered species of brow-antlered deer in the world, is found only at Keibul Lamjao National park in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan