Two arrested for killing endangered `Sangai`
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested for killing endangered deer `Sangai` (brow-antlered deer) at Keibul Lamjao National Park in Bishenpur district of Manipur.
Laishram Kripa and Heisnam Lukhoi were produced before the court of Chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur, who remanded them in five-day police custody, official sources said on Sunday.
Meanwhile, environmentalists have expressed concern over poaching of `Sangai` at the protected national park and demanded exemplary punishment for poachers, a state forest official said.
Sangai, a rare and endangered species of brow-antlered deer in the world, is found only at Keibul Lamjao National park in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money
- Bihar Board class 10th results: More than 50 percent students fail in exams - Is this the reason?
- Tax holiday for start-ups should be raised to 7 years, says Commerce Minister