Two arrested for killing endangered `Sangai`
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested for killing endangered deer `Sangai` (brow-antlered deer) at Keibul Lamjao National Park in Bishenpur district of Manipur.
Laishram Kripa and Heisnam Lukhoi were produced before the court of Chief judicial magistrate of Bishenpur, who remanded them in five-day police custody, official sources said on Sunday.
Meanwhile, environmentalists have expressed concern over poaching of `Sangai` at the protected national park and demanded exemplary punishment for poachers, a state forest official said.
Sangai, a rare and endangered species of brow-antlered deer in the world, is found only at Keibul Lamjao National park in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley