Two Assam Rifles jawans injured in bomb explosion
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans were seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded during a search operation to detect movement of insurgents in interior Thoubal district of Manipur on Friday, official sources said.
Personnel of the 15th Assam Rifles battalion and police after getting specific information about the infiltration of insurgents in the Yairipok Heidroipokpi area, launched a massive manhunt when the powerful improvised explosive device (IED) exploded at around 10 AM, they said.
Two jawans who along with others were conducting the operation were injured, official reports said, adding that the spot is about 25 km south-east of here.
More security and police forces from nearby Thoubal district headquarters have been rushed to the spot and joined the search operation but insurgents, however, managed to escape to nearby jungles. The injured jawans were taken to nearby Thoubal district hospital.
No individual or group has claimed the responsibility but banned insurgent outfits such as People`s Liberation Army (PLA) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) are `active` in the area, reports said.
On February 26, an Assam Rifles havildar was killed and three other jawans were injured when PLA insurgents exploded a powerful bomb, planted at a roadside, by using remote-controlled device at Kangbai area in Churachandpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas