Two Assam Rifles personnel injured in IED explosion
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles personnel were injured when three Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), planted at a roadside by militants, exploded at interior Yairipok area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
The three IEDs exploded simultaneously by using remote-controlled device when personnel of 40th Assam Rifles battalion were passing through Yairipok, 25 km south-east of here, at 7 pm yesterday.
Havildar Anand Singh and a driver identified as Jakir Husain were injured by the splinters, the sources said.
They were stated to be out of danger.
The incident occurred when the Assam Rifles personnel were returning from Imphal to their camp at Andro near Yairipok, the sources said.
All security and police posts particularly in four valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal and Bishenpur have been put on alert following stepping up of militant activities in the past few months, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India