Two Assam Rifles personnel injured in IED explosion
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles personnel were injured when three Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), planted at a roadside by militants, exploded at interior Yairipok area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
The three IEDs exploded simultaneously by using remote-controlled device when personnel of 40th Assam Rifles battalion were passing through Yairipok, 25 km south-east of here, at 7 pm yesterday.
Havildar Anand Singh and a driver identified as Jakir Husain were injured by the splinters, the sources said.
They were stated to be out of danger.
The incident occurred when the Assam Rifles personnel were returning from Imphal to their camp at Andro near Yairipok, the sources said.
All security and police posts particularly in four valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal and Bishenpur have been put on alert following stepping up of militant activities in the past few months, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested