Two Assam Rifles personnel injured in IED explosion
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles personnel were injured when three Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), planted at a roadside by militants, exploded at interior Yairipok area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
The three IEDs exploded simultaneously by using remote-controlled device when personnel of 40th Assam Rifles battalion were passing through Yairipok, 25 km south-east of here, at 7 pm yesterday.
Havildar Anand Singh and a driver identified as Jakir Husain were injured by the splinters, the sources said.
They were stated to be out of danger.
The incident occurred when the Assam Rifles personnel were returning from Imphal to their camp at Andro near Yairipok, the sources said.
All security and police posts particularly in four valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal and Bishenpur have been put on alert following stepping up of militant activities in the past few months, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city