Two Bangladeshi intruders shot dead
Shillong: Two intruders were shot dead by village defence personnel after a group of Bangladeshis tried to steal forest produce in Meghalaya`s East Khasi Hills border, official sources said.
Bangladeshi authorities have lodged a protest with the BSF and a flag meeting between the two border forces was being convened today, the sources said.
Over twelve Bangladeshis intruded into the Hat Thymmai area under Pynursla Police Station yesterday with an intent to pilfer forest produce, the sources said.
The village defence party first warned them and later fired at them reportedly killing two intruders.
BSF has confirmed the killing of one intruder but Bangladeshi authorities insisted that two were shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past