Two Bangladeshi intruders shot dead
Shillong: Two intruders were shot dead by village defence personnel after a group of Bangladeshis tried to steal forest produce in Meghalaya`s East Khasi Hills border, official sources said.
Bangladeshi authorities have lodged a protest with the BSF and a flag meeting between the two border forces was being convened today, the sources said.
Over twelve Bangladeshis intruded into the Hat Thymmai area under Pynursla Police Station yesterday with an intent to pilfer forest produce, the sources said.
The village defence party first warned them and later fired at them reportedly killing two intruders.
BSF has confirmed the killing of one intruder but Bangladeshi authorities insisted that two were shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report