Two Bangladeshi intruders shot dead
Shillong: Two intruders were shot dead by village defence personnel after a group of Bangladeshis tried to steal forest produce in Meghalaya`s East Khasi Hills border, official sources said.
Bangladeshi authorities have lodged a protest with the BSF and a flag meeting between the two border forces was being convened today, the sources said.
Over twelve Bangladeshis intruded into the Hat Thymmai area under Pynursla Police Station yesterday with an intent to pilfer forest produce, the sources said.
The village defence party first warned them and later fired at them reportedly killing two intruders.
BSF has confirmed the killing of one intruder but Bangladeshi authorities insisted that two were shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly