Two bomb blasts in Imphal, no casualty reported
Imphal: Two powerful bombs exploded at a
high-security area and at a minister`s residence in
Manipur but no casualty was reported, official sources said
A powerful bomb exploded at the high-security Thangal
bazar MG Avenue complex at 9 pm yesterday damaging roofs and
windows of nearby buildings, the sources said.
The spot was about 50 metres away from city police station
and also from Imphal West traffic police station.
It was not immediately known whether the bomb was hurled
by militants, the sources said.
No one was injured since there was no passers-by at that
In another incident, militants also exploded a powerful
bomb at the private residence of agriculture minister Ph.
Parijat at Nongada area under Lamlai police station in Imphal
East district at around the same time last night, the sources
The minister and his family members were not present at
the time of the explosion as they stay in a government quarter
here, the sources said.
A militant outfit had earlier threatened the minister for
not awarding them a contract work, the sources said.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility
for both the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband