Two brothers beheaded in Jorhat district
Guwahati: Two brothers have been beheaded allegedly by five of their relatives who later surrendered before the police with the severed heads in Assam`s Jorhat district Wednesday, the police said.
The alleged killers had been locked in a land dispute with the slain brothers Bolu Tanti and Luit Tanti of Tocklai Tea garden in Rajabari area.
Bolu, the elder brother, was first attacked and his head severed with sharp weapons while he was returning after dropping his son at school at around 10:30 am. Ruhi was then beheaded at the garden where Luit was working, sources said.
The five then put the severed heads in a sack and surrendered at the Cinnamara police outpost.
Tension prevailed in the tea estate following the incident and security has been tightened with additional police and CRPF personnel deployed in the area, sources added.
The five surrendered persons have been identified as Gobind Majhi, Dipak Tanti, Aagun Tanti, Siyapi Tanti and Rajen Satnami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016