Two brothers beheaded in Jorhat district
Guwahati: Two brothers have been beheaded allegedly by five of their relatives who later surrendered before the police with the severed heads in Assam`s Jorhat district Wednesday, the police said.
The alleged killers had been locked in a land dispute with the slain brothers Bolu Tanti and Luit Tanti of Tocklai Tea garden in Rajabari area.
Bolu, the elder brother, was first attacked and his head severed with sharp weapons while he was returning after dropping his son at school at around 10:30 am. Ruhi was then beheaded at the garden where Luit was working, sources said.
The five then put the severed heads in a sack and surrendered at the Cinnamara police outpost.
Tension prevailed in the tea estate following the incident and security has been tightened with additional police and CRPF personnel deployed in the area, sources added.
The five surrendered persons have been identified as Gobind Majhi, Dipak Tanti, Aagun Tanti, Siyapi Tanti and Rajen Satnami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...