Two BSF jawans detained for `human sacrifice`
Shillong: Two BSF personnel have been
detained by police for questioning after a suspected case of
human sacrifice in Meghalaya`s West Garo Hills district.
Havildar Chandrawan and constable Babu Khan is being
questioned by police at Tura after the body of a seven year
old was recovered from near the BSF 121 battalion headquarters
at Tura, Deputy Commissioner Sanjay Goyal said on Saturday.
The body of the boy, Krishna Singh, was recovered on
Thursday, Goyal said, adding that post mortem pointed to
multiple injuries, including that of incense sticks, pierce
wounds and others.
The boy, son of a BSF cook, was missing since Wednesday.
A team from Meghalaya Police has been sent to Mancachar
in Assam from where a `tantrik` had visited the BSF campus a
few days back. The tantrik was picked up and released on PR
bond at Mancachar police station today.
The DC said it appeared to be a case of human sacrifice
and investigations were on to ascertain the facts. `It will
take some time before the police come up with evidence," the DC
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'