Two BSF jawans detained for `human sacrifice`
Shillong: Two BSF personnel have been
detained by police for questioning after a suspected case of
human sacrifice in Meghalaya`s West Garo Hills district.
Havildar Chandrawan and constable Babu Khan is being
questioned by police at Tura after the body of a seven year
old was recovered from near the BSF 121 battalion headquarters
at Tura, Deputy Commissioner Sanjay Goyal said on Saturday.
The body of the boy, Krishna Singh, was recovered on
Thursday, Goyal said, adding that post mortem pointed to
multiple injuries, including that of incense sticks, pierce
wounds and others.
The boy, son of a BSF cook, was missing since Wednesday.
A team from Meghalaya Police has been sent to Mancachar
in Assam from where a `tantrik` had visited the BSF campus a
few days back. The tantrik was picked up and released on PR
bond at Mancachar police station today.
The DC said it appeared to be a case of human sacrifice
and investigations were on to ascertain the facts. `It will
take some time before the police come up with evidence," the DC
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 24: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH