Two children die, 20 fall ill due to diarrhoea
Agartala: Two children died and 20 others
fell ill as diarrhoea spread in tribal hamlets of Tripura`s
Dhalai district due to water contamination, health officials
said on Tuesday.
"Diarrhoea outbreak was reported from tribal hamlets like
Campara, Gunadhanpara and Karnamonipara in Dhalai district
since last week. So far two deaths were reported and 20
villagers were admitted in two government hospitals," K Dhar,
director of Family Welfare and Preventive Medicine, said.
A Rapid Response Team (RRT) comprising four specialist
physicians has been rushed to the spot to render medical aid
to the ailing villagers, he said, adding that three more
district level RRTs were working to bring the disease under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation