Two children die, 20 fall ill due to diarrhoea
Agartala: Two children died and 20 others
fell ill as diarrhoea spread in tribal hamlets of Tripura`s
Dhalai district due to water contamination, health officials
said on Tuesday.
"Diarrhoea outbreak was reported from tribal hamlets like
Campara, Gunadhanpara and Karnamonipara in Dhalai district
since last week. So far two deaths were reported and 20
villagers were admitted in two government hospitals," K Dhar,
director of Family Welfare and Preventive Medicine, said.
A Rapid Response Team (RRT) comprising four specialist
physicians has been rushed to the spot to render medical aid
to the ailing villagers, he said, adding that three more
district level RRTs were working to bring the disease under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics