Two children die, 20 fall ill due to diarrhoea
Agartala: Two children died and 20 others
fell ill as diarrhoea spread in tribal hamlets of Tripura`s
Dhalai district due to water contamination, health officials
said on Tuesday.
"Diarrhoea outbreak was reported from tribal hamlets like
Campara, Gunadhanpara and Karnamonipara in Dhalai district
since last week. So far two deaths were reported and 20
villagers were admitted in two government hospitals," K Dhar,
director of Family Welfare and Preventive Medicine, said.
A Rapid Response Team (RRT) comprising four specialist
physicians has been rushed to the spot to render medical aid
to the ailing villagers, he said, adding that three more
district level RRTs were working to bring the disease under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!