Two CRPF commandos injured by militants in Meghalaya
Shillong: Two CRPF commandos were critically injured when they were attacked by suspected Garo tribal militants in North Garo Hills district in Meghalaya on Thursday, police said.
A commando was shot in the chest, while the other in the leg when they were on a routine operation at Soinang area to flush out militants hiding in the district in the wee hours, Superintendent of Police JFK Marak said.
Both the injured commandos were rushed to Guwahati for treatment and their conditions have improved and are currently out of danger, he said.
Police suspects that the Garo National Liberation Army militants headed by their `Area Commander` Philliport was behind the attack, the SP said.
Police have recovered three pistols along with ammunition, a clamour mine, a grenade, an AK magazine and some documents from the spot, Marak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM