Two-day monsoon session of Mizoram assembly
Aizawl: The Monsoon session of the Mizoram legislature, summoned by the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman, to commence from July 23 would be sitting for two days only.
The Business Advisory Committee of the assembly which met today under the chairmanship of the speaker R. Romawia decided that the legislature would hold the session on July 23 and 24.
No financial business like incorporation of the increase in the plan outlay in the annual budget would be taken up during the session, state finance department officials said, adding that budget matters were left to be taken up by the next assembly.
The state annual budget presented by finance minister H. Liansailova on March 15 last was based on the plan size of last fiscal as the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state plan outlay for 2013-14 and Liansailova said that the increase in the plan size would be incorporated during the next session.
The coming monsoon session of the state assembly is most likely going to be the last session of the present assembly as the state assembly polls are likely to be held by this November end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?