Two-day monsoon session of Mizoram assembly
Aizawl: The Monsoon session of the Mizoram legislature, summoned by the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman, to commence from July 23 would be sitting for two days only.
The Business Advisory Committee of the assembly which met today under the chairmanship of the speaker R. Romawia decided that the legislature would hold the session on July 23 and 24.
No financial business like incorporation of the increase in the plan outlay in the annual budget would be taken up during the session, state finance department officials said, adding that budget matters were left to be taken up by the next assembly.
The state annual budget presented by finance minister H. Liansailova on March 15 last was based on the plan size of last fiscal as the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state plan outlay for 2013-14 and Liansailova said that the increase in the plan size would be incorporated during the next session.
The coming monsoon session of the state assembly is most likely going to be the last session of the present assembly as the state assembly polls are likely to be held by this November end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31