Two-day monsoon session of Mizoram assembly
Aizawl: The Monsoon session of the Mizoram legislature, summoned by the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman, to commence from July 23 would be sitting for two days only.
The Business Advisory Committee of the assembly which met today under the chairmanship of the speaker R. Romawia decided that the legislature would hold the session on July 23 and 24.
No financial business like incorporation of the increase in the plan outlay in the annual budget would be taken up during the session, state finance department officials said, adding that budget matters were left to be taken up by the next assembly.
The state annual budget presented by finance minister H. Liansailova on March 15 last was based on the plan size of last fiscal as the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state plan outlay for 2013-14 and Liansailova said that the increase in the plan size would be incorporated during the next session.
The coming monsoon session of the state assembly is most likely going to be the last session of the present assembly as the state assembly polls are likely to be held by this November end.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?