Two delegations supervising preparations for Hasin
Agartala: Two separate delegations from Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Bangladesh High Commssion in Delhi are supervising the preparations for
receiving Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari here on January 11.
Hasina would be conferred Doctorate of Literature by Tripura Central University at its ninth convocation.
Ansari, also a prominent academician, would grace the occasion and handover the degree to the Prime Minister of the neighbouring country.
Tripura Finance and Revenue minister Badal Chowdhury said the delegations arrived here yesterday and were visiting the places where the dignitaries would be going during their two-day trip to the state.
Chowdhury said, the state government would provide a warm civic reception to Hasian and Ansari.
"We wanted to give them civic receptions at Assam Rifles ground in the presence of a huge crowd, but both the delegations expressed apprehensions on security grounds and asked us to arrange the reception behind closed door", he told
Hasina would be the first Bangladesh Prime Minister to visit the north eastern state of Tripura. Foreign minister of the neighbouring country Dipu Moni would be accompanying her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler