Two delegations supervising preparations for Hasin
Agartala: Two separate delegations from Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Bangladesh High Commssion in Delhi are supervising the preparations for
receiving Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari here on January 11.
Hasina would be conferred Doctorate of Literature by Tripura Central University at its ninth convocation.
Ansari, also a prominent academician, would grace the occasion and handover the degree to the Prime Minister of the neighbouring country.
Tripura Finance and Revenue minister Badal Chowdhury said the delegations arrived here yesterday and were visiting the places where the dignitaries would be going during their two-day trip to the state.
Chowdhury said, the state government would provide a warm civic reception to Hasian and Ansari.
"We wanted to give them civic receptions at Assam Rifles ground in the presence of a huge crowd, but both the delegations expressed apprehensions on security grounds and asked us to arrange the reception behind closed door", he told
Hasina would be the first Bangladesh Prime Minister to visit the north eastern state of Tripura. Foreign minister of the neighbouring country Dipu Moni would be accompanying her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO