Two delegations supervising preparations for Hasin
Agartala: Two separate delegations from Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Bangladesh High Commssion in Delhi are supervising the preparations for
receiving Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari here on January 11.
Hasina would be conferred Doctorate of Literature by Tripura Central University at its ninth convocation.
Ansari, also a prominent academician, would grace the occasion and handover the degree to the Prime Minister of the neighbouring country.
Tripura Finance and Revenue minister Badal Chowdhury said the delegations arrived here yesterday and were visiting the places where the dignitaries would be going during their two-day trip to the state.
Chowdhury said, the state government would provide a warm civic reception to Hasian and Ansari.
"We wanted to give them civic receptions at Assam Rifles ground in the presence of a huge crowd, but both the delegations expressed apprehensions on security grounds and asked us to arrange the reception behind closed door", he told
Hasina would be the first Bangladesh Prime Minister to visit the north eastern state of Tripura. Foreign minister of the neighbouring country Dipu Moni would be accompanying her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth