Two electrocuted in Manipur

Last Updated: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:43

Imphal: Two persons were electrocuted when a high tension power line fell on domestic line in
interior Thoubal district of Manipur, official sources said Wednesday.

Sources said a high tension power line got snapped due to strong wind and fell on a domestic line causing strong current and sparks at some houses at Yairipok area in Yairipok police station yesterday.
When he saw sparks, Takhelambam Bijen (33) tried to switch off his refrigerator and got electrocuted, sources said adding that Md Fazal (18) also got electrocuted while trying
to switch off his mobile phone charger.

PTI



First Published: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:43

comments powered by Disqus