Two grenade explosions in Manipur
Imphal: Militants exploded two powerful handgrenades in Thoubal and Imphal West districts last night, official sources said on Monday.
The militants hurled a chinese handgrenade at the resident of a government official zonal education officer identified as T Bikom Singh (55) of Wangjing Tekcham Leikai area in Thoubal district.
The bomb exploded but no casualty was reported, the sources said.
Another powerful handgrenade exploded at the gate of the house of an executive engineer of pollution control board.
No outfit militants groups have claimed responsibility so far.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon