Two grenade explosions in Manipur
Imphal: Militants exploded two powerful handgrenades in Thoubal and Imphal West districts last night, official sources said on Monday.
The militants hurled a chinese handgrenade at the resident of a government official zonal education officer identified as T Bikom Singh (55) of Wangjing Tekcham Leikai area in Thoubal district.
The bomb exploded but no casualty was reported, the sources said.
Another powerful handgrenade exploded at the gate of the house of an executive engineer of pollution control board.
No outfit militants groups have claimed responsibility so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP