Two held, bomb-fitted car seized
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested along with a bomb-fitted car during search operations in Imphal East and Thoubal districts of Manipur by police commandos.
A combined team of police commandos attached to different districts launched massive search operations in the two districts following reports that suspected insurgents were planning to plant bombs at different areas yesterday, police said.
During the search operation at Lilong area in Thoubal district, the commandos arrested a person identified as Md Rajak and seized five detonators and a remote-controlled device, they said, adding that his interrogation led to another search operation in Imphal East district.
In the search operation in Imphal East, commandos arrested a person identified as Hidangmayum Dhananjoy, they said, adding a bomb-fitted car was also recovered from him.
Two bombs made of improvised explosive device were attached to the car and 12 detonators were also recovered from them, they added.
The two were planning to explode the bomb-fitted car at crowded area in Imphal and were supporters of insurgent outfit People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video