Two held, bomb-fitted car seized
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested along with a bomb-fitted car during search operations in Imphal East and Thoubal districts of Manipur by police commandos.
A combined team of police commandos attached to different districts launched massive search operations in the two districts following reports that suspected insurgents were planning to plant bombs at different areas yesterday, police said.
During the search operation at Lilong area in Thoubal district, the commandos arrested a person identified as Md Rajak and seized five detonators and a remote-controlled device, they said, adding that his interrogation led to another search operation in Imphal East district.
In the search operation in Imphal East, commandos arrested a person identified as Hidangmayum Dhananjoy, they said, adding a bomb-fitted car was also recovered from him.
Two bombs made of improvised explosive device were attached to the car and 12 detonators were also recovered from them, they added.
The two were planning to explode the bomb-fitted car at crowded area in Imphal and were supporters of insurgent outfit People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation