Two held, bomb-fitted car seized
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested along with a bomb-fitted car during search operations in Imphal East and Thoubal districts of Manipur by police commandos.
A combined team of police commandos attached to different districts launched massive search operations in the two districts following reports that suspected insurgents were planning to plant bombs at different areas yesterday, police said.
During the search operation at Lilong area in Thoubal district, the commandos arrested a person identified as Md Rajak and seized five detonators and a remote-controlled device, they said, adding that his interrogation led to another search operation in Imphal East district.
In the search operation in Imphal East, commandos arrested a person identified as Hidangmayum Dhananjoy, they said, adding a bomb-fitted car was also recovered from him.
Two bombs made of improvised explosive device were attached to the car and 12 detonators were also recovered from them, they added.
The two were planning to explode the bomb-fitted car at crowded area in Imphal and were supporters of insurgent outfit People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery