Two held, bomb-fitted car seized
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested along with a bomb-fitted car during search operations in Imphal East and Thoubal districts of Manipur by police commandos.
A combined team of police commandos attached to different districts launched massive search operations in the two districts following reports that suspected insurgents were planning to plant bombs at different areas yesterday, police said.
During the search operation at Lilong area in Thoubal district, the commandos arrested a person identified as Md Rajak and seized five detonators and a remote-controlled device, they said, adding that his interrogation led to another search operation in Imphal East district.
In the search operation in Imphal East, commandos arrested a person identified as Hidangmayum Dhananjoy, they said, adding a bomb-fitted car was also recovered from him.
Two bombs made of improvised explosive device were attached to the car and 12 detonators were also recovered from them, they added.
The two were planning to explode the bomb-fitted car at crowded area in Imphal and were supporters of insurgent outfit People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan