Two held, bomb-fitted car seized
Imphal: Two persons have been arrested along with a bomb-fitted car during search operations in Imphal East and Thoubal districts of Manipur by police commandos.
A combined team of police commandos attached to different districts launched massive search operations in the two districts following reports that suspected insurgents were planning to plant bombs at different areas yesterday, police said.
During the search operation at Lilong area in Thoubal district, the commandos arrested a person identified as Md Rajak and seized five detonators and a remote-controlled device, they said, adding that his interrogation led to another search operation in Imphal East district.
In the search operation in Imphal East, commandos arrested a person identified as Hidangmayum Dhananjoy, they said, adding a bomb-fitted car was also recovered from him.
Two bombs made of improvised explosive device were attached to the car and 12 detonators were also recovered from them, they added.
The two were planning to explode the bomb-fitted car at crowded area in Imphal and were supporters of insurgent outfit People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried