Two IEDs seized, one ULFA militant arrested
Guwahati: Two powerful Improvised Explosive
Devices (IED) were seized here on Saturday and a ULFA militant was
arrested, police said.
The police seized a two-kg IED from Lalmati area,
suspected to be hidden by ULFA militants for subversive
activities, they said.
The local people told the police that they noticed a
youth staying in a rented house near to the spot from where
the IED was recovered but he had left a couple of days back.
Another IED kept inside a bag was found from a road near
the Tarunram Phukan park in Bharalumukh area. Both the IEDs
have been safely defused by the CRPF, sources said.
In another incident, one hardcore ULFA militant
belonging to the 28 battalion was arrested in Lakhimpur
Pranab Patur (26) was nabbed when he was undergoing
treatment in the Lakhimpur civil hospital near Boginadi,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan