Two injured during protest against killing
Dhubri: Two persons, including a child, were injured when activists of two students` outfits threw stones at a public bus during protest and road blockade on the National Highway 31 in Dhubri district on Saturday.
Hundreds of activists of the All Assam Minority Students` Union (AAMSU) and All Bodoland Minority Students` Union (ABMSU) gathered at the spot since morning to protest killing of an ABMSU leader at Salakati along Kokrajhar-Chirang border.
They were holding the protest with the body of the leader who was killed by unidentified gunmen outside his pharmacy last night.
Police rushed to the spot to disperse the protestors. When the agitators refused to lift the blockade, police resorted to lathicharge.
The protestors also turned violent and threw stones at a bus on its way from Dhubri to Barpeta.
The driver of the bus and a child sustained mild injuries when they were hit by stones. Both were administered first aid.
The situation in the area is now stable and vehicles have started plying in the NH-31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters