Two injured in Manipur grenade explosion
Imphal: Two persons were injured when suspected militants exploded a powerful grenade at a petrol pump in interior Thoubal district of Manipur, official sources said on Wednesday.
The explosion occurred at around 8 pm last night when two motorcycle borne suspected militants hurled the grenade at the oil pump at Haokha village.
The two managed to escape under cover of darkness, the sources said.
The injured have been identified as Th Kumar (54) and S Khelen (50), sources said.
The police suspect that the militants might have exploded it in connection with monetary demand from the pump owner who was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16