Two injured in three bomb blasts in Manipur
Imphal: Two persons were injured in three grenade explosions in Manipur by suspected militants, official sources said on Sunday.
Suspected militants exploded a grenade at the residence of executive director of rural development department C Hangsing at Churachandpur last evening injuring his younger brother and his grandchild.
Hangsing and his other family members were present when the grenade exploded at around 8 pm, the sources said.
In another incident, unidentified militants exploded a grenade at a public playground at Nongren area in Imphal east district late last night, the sources said adding that no one was injured.
In yet another incident, suspected militants exploded a grenade at the house of an assistant engineer of public health engineering department Ibochou Singh late last night at Lamphel area in Imphal west district, the sources said adding that no one was injured.
Police said they would investigate whether the explosions were related to monetary demand of militant outfits from some individuals. No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi