Two injured in three bomb blasts in Manipur
Imphal: Two persons were injured in three grenade explosions in Manipur by suspected militants, official sources said on Sunday.
Suspected militants exploded a grenade at the residence of executive director of rural development department C Hangsing at Churachandpur last evening injuring his younger brother and his grandchild.
Hangsing and his other family members were present when the grenade exploded at around 8 pm, the sources said.
In another incident, unidentified militants exploded a grenade at a public playground at Nongren area in Imphal east district late last night, the sources said adding that no one was injured.
In yet another incident, suspected militants exploded a grenade at the house of an assistant engineer of public health engineering department Ibochou Singh late last night at Lamphel area in Imphal west district, the sources said adding that no one was injured.
Police said they would investigate whether the explosions were related to monetary demand of militant outfits from some individuals. No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!