Two injured in three bomb explosions near Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: Two persons were injured when three powerful bombs exploded in Kasom Khullen area near the Indo-Myanmar border in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said Wednesday.
The explosions occurred near the post of 44th battalion post of Assam Rifles yesterday.
The bombs were allegedly planted by suspected militants to attack the security personnel.
The victims were identified as S P Keneth (41), a farmer, and Laishram Kiran (45), a labourer.
Both were admitted to a government hospital at Imphal where their condition was described as serious.
In another incident, suspected militants exploded a powerful grenade at the gate of the residence of an executive engineer of electricity department identified as L Dinesh Kumar at Uripok area here in Imphal West district last night, the police said.
Kumar and his family members, who were at their residence at the time of the explosion, were unhurt, the police said.
Kumar told mediapersons that a militant outfit had demanded money from him last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station