Two injured in three bomb explosions near Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: Two persons were injured when three powerful bombs exploded in Kasom Khullen area near the Indo-Myanmar border in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said Wednesday.
The explosions occurred near the post of 44th battalion post of Assam Rifles yesterday.
The bombs were allegedly planted by suspected militants to attack the security personnel.
The victims were identified as S P Keneth (41), a farmer, and Laishram Kiran (45), a labourer.
Both were admitted to a government hospital at Imphal where their condition was described as serious.
In another incident, suspected militants exploded a powerful grenade at the gate of the residence of an executive engineer of electricity department identified as L Dinesh Kumar at Uripok area here in Imphal West district last night, the police said.
Kumar and his family members, who were at their residence at the time of the explosion, were unhurt, the police said.
Kumar told mediapersons that a militant outfit had demanded money from him last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations