Two injured in three bomb explosions near Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: Two persons were injured when three powerful bombs exploded in Kasom Khullen area near the Indo-Myanmar border in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said Wednesday.
The explosions occurred near the post of 44th battalion post of Assam Rifles yesterday.
The bombs were allegedly planted by suspected militants to attack the security personnel.
The victims were identified as S P Keneth (41), a farmer, and Laishram Kiran (45), a labourer.
Both were admitted to a government hospital at Imphal where their condition was described as serious.
In another incident, suspected militants exploded a powerful grenade at the gate of the residence of an executive engineer of electricity department identified as L Dinesh Kumar at Uripok area here in Imphal West district last night, the police said.
Kumar and his family members, who were at their residence at the time of the explosion, were unhurt, the police said.
Kumar told mediapersons that a militant outfit had demanded money from him last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader