Two injured in three bomb explosions near Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: Two persons were injured when three powerful bombs exploded in Kasom Khullen area near the Indo-Myanmar border in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said Wednesday.
The explosions occurred near the post of 44th battalion post of Assam Rifles yesterday.
The bombs were allegedly planted by suspected militants to attack the security personnel.
The victims were identified as S P Keneth (41), a farmer, and Laishram Kiran (45), a labourer.
Both were admitted to a government hospital at Imphal where their condition was described as serious.
In another incident, suspected militants exploded a powerful grenade at the gate of the residence of an executive engineer of electricity department identified as L Dinesh Kumar at Uripok area here in Imphal West district last night, the police said.
Kumar and his family members, who were at their residence at the time of the explosion, were unhurt, the police said.
Kumar told mediapersons that a militant outfit had demanded money from him last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok