Two injured in three bomb explosions near Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: Two persons were injured when three powerful bombs exploded in Kasom Khullen area near the Indo-Myanmar border in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said Wednesday.
The explosions occurred near the post of 44th battalion post of Assam Rifles yesterday.
The bombs were allegedly planted by suspected militants to attack the security personnel.
The victims were identified as S P Keneth (41), a farmer, and Laishram Kiran (45), a labourer.
Both were admitted to a government hospital at Imphal where their condition was described as serious.
In another incident, suspected militants exploded a powerful grenade at the gate of the residence of an executive engineer of electricity department identified as L Dinesh Kumar at Uripok area here in Imphal West district last night, the police said.
Kumar and his family members, who were at their residence at the time of the explosion, were unhurt, the police said.
Kumar told mediapersons that a militant outfit had demanded money from him last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery