Two insurgents arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Two insurgents were arrested during search operations in Manipur, the police said on Wednesday.
Yumnam Ibungomacha (29) of United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Yengkhom Momo Singh (41) were arrested by a combined team of police commandos and personnel of 40th Assam Rifles battalion yesterday.
A M 16 rifle along with two rounds of ammunition were recovered from his possession. Both the insurgents have been sent to police custody for further interrogation.
Over 150 insurgents have so far been arrested from different places this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read