Two insurgents of Manipur outfit arrested
Agartala: Two insurgents of Manipur-based outlawed organization- KCP (MC) were arrested from Vidhyasagar area in the outskirts the state capital on Monday.
Based on a tip-off, a joint team of Assam Rifles and police raided a house at Vidhyasagar Chowmuhani and picked up two suspected youths- Herojit Singh (26) of Hariram under Thoubal police station and Ngyangon Meiti (26) of Khorai under
Porungpet police station.
Two laptops, 13 mobile sets and one digital camera were recovered from their possession, DIG (Control) Nepal Chandra Das said.
Based on the preliminary interrogation, Herojit and Ngyangon were arrested and produced before the court.
"They have been staying with their family members there for the past seven months to skip security forces of Manipur", he said.
The detention of two militants was communicated to Manipur police for taking necessary steps, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok