Two jawans killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two jawans of Assam Rifles were
killed when insurgents ambushed them at a border village in Manipur`s Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar, official reports said Tuesday.
Reports said the personnel of 39th battalion were
patrolling the border village of Zoukhonuam, close to border
pillar number 46 yesterday when the insurgents attacked them.
In the ensuing encounter, the jawans were killed,
reports said adding that although the encounter lasted for
more than hal-an-hour, the para-military forces were able to
repulse the insurgents who wanted to infiltrate the state for
disturbing the forthcoming assembly polls in Manipur on
Sources said security personnel posted at Indo-Myanmar
border areas have been alerted to prevent entry of any
militants into Manipur so that the polls could be held without
fear and favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch