Two jawans killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two jawans of Assam Rifles were
killed when insurgents ambushed them at a border village in Manipur`s Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar, official reports said Tuesday.
Reports said the personnel of 39th battalion were
patrolling the border village of Zoukhonuam, close to border
pillar number 46 yesterday when the insurgents attacked them.
In the ensuing encounter, the jawans were killed,
reports said adding that although the encounter lasted for
more than hal-an-hour, the para-military forces were able to
repulse the insurgents who wanted to infiltrate the state for
disturbing the forthcoming assembly polls in Manipur on
Sources said security personnel posted at Indo-Myanmar
border areas have been alerted to prevent entry of any
militants into Manipur so that the polls could be held without
fear and favour.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India