Two jawans killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two jawans of Assam Rifles were
killed when insurgents ambushed them at a border village in Manipur`s Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar, official reports said Tuesday.
Reports said the personnel of 39th battalion were
patrolling the border village of Zoukhonuam, close to border
pillar number 46 yesterday when the insurgents attacked them.
In the ensuing encounter, the jawans were killed,
reports said adding that although the encounter lasted for
more than hal-an-hour, the para-military forces were able to
repulse the insurgents who wanted to infiltrate the state for
disturbing the forthcoming assembly polls in Manipur on
Sources said security personnel posted at Indo-Myanmar
border areas have been alerted to prevent entry of any
militants into Manipur so that the polls could be held without
fear and favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31