Two jawans killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two jawans of Assam Rifles were
killed when insurgents ambushed them at a border village in Manipur`s Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar, official reports said Tuesday.
Reports said the personnel of 39th battalion were
patrolling the border village of Zoukhonuam, close to border
pillar number 46 yesterday when the insurgents attacked them.
In the ensuing encounter, the jawans were killed,
reports said adding that although the encounter lasted for
more than hal-an-hour, the para-military forces were able to
repulse the insurgents who wanted to infiltrate the state for
disturbing the forthcoming assembly polls in Manipur on
Sources said security personnel posted at Indo-Myanmar
border areas have been alerted to prevent entry of any
militants into Manipur so that the polls could be held without
fear and favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days