Two JCOs shot dead by jawan
Imphal: In a fresh case of fratricide in Army, a jawan belonging to 12th Madras Regiment rpt Madras Regiment allegedly shot dead two Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO) in Manipur`s Churachandpur district, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday at Khengjong outpost, about 70 km from here, after a quarrel broke out between the JCOs -- identified as Mrinthunguan and Thanattan-- and jawan Ambeti Narayan, they said.
Narayan shot at his colleagues with his service rifle, killing them on the spot, the officials said.
Narayan fled soon after the incident, but was arrested today, they said.
Meanwhile, the Army refused to divulge any details regarding the JCOs and Narayan.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on