Two JCOs shot dead by jawan
Imphal: In a fresh case of fratricide in Army, a jawan belonging to 12th Madras Regiment rpt Madras Regiment allegedly shot dead two Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO) in Manipur`s Churachandpur district, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday at Khengjong outpost, about 70 km from here, after a quarrel broke out between the JCOs -- identified as Mrinthunguan and Thanattan-- and jawan Ambeti Narayan, they said.
Narayan shot at his colleagues with his service rifle, killing them on the spot, the officials said.
Narayan fled soon after the incident, but was arrested today, they said.
Meanwhile, the Army refused to divulge any details regarding the JCOs and Narayan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video