Two JCOs shot dead by jawan
Imphal: In a fresh case of fratricide in Army, a jawan belonging to 12th Madras Regiment rpt Madras Regiment allegedly shot dead two Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO) in Manipur`s Churachandpur district, officials said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday at Khengjong outpost, about 70 km from here, after a quarrel broke out between the JCOs -- identified as Mrinthunguan and Thanattan-- and jawan Ambeti Narayan, they said.
Narayan shot at his colleagues with his service rifle, killing them on the spot, the officials said.
Narayan fled soon after the incident, but was arrested today, they said.
Meanwhile, the Army refused to divulge any details regarding the JCOs and Narayan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!