Two kidnapped drivers rescued in Manipur
Imphal: Two drivers, kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants for a ransom, have been rescued by police commandos attached to Imphal police station in Manipur, police said today.
Following the kidnapping of Karam Dara (44) and Soram Open (25) on December 15 from Lamjang area in Churachandpur district, commandos launched an operation in Salanthong area of Imphal East district and rescued them yesterday.
Three militants of Kuki National Front (N) identified as L Kipgen (25), S Kipgen (53) and Seibolet Seikholet ((34) were also arrested in the search operation.
The militants had earlier demanded Rs 20 lakh from the two truck owners, the employers of the drivers, for their safe release, the police said.
The arrested persons have been handed over to Imphal police station for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding