Two kidnapped drivers rescued in Manipur
Imphal: Two drivers, kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants for a ransom, have been rescued by police commandos attached to Imphal police station in Manipur, police said today.
Following the kidnapping of Karam Dara (44) and Soram Open (25) on December 15 from Lamjang area in Churachandpur district, commandos launched an operation in Salanthong area of Imphal East district and rescued them yesterday.
Three militants of Kuki National Front (N) identified as L Kipgen (25), S Kipgen (53) and Seibolet Seikholet ((34) were also arrested in the search operation.
The militants had earlier demanded Rs 20 lakh from the two truck owners, the employers of the drivers, for their safe release, the police said.
The arrested persons have been handed over to Imphal police station for interrogation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram