Two kidnapped drivers rescued in Manipur
Imphal: Two drivers, kidnapped by suspected Kuki militants for a ransom, have been rescued by police commandos attached to Imphal police station in Manipur, police said today.
Following the kidnapping of Karam Dara (44) and Soram Open (25) on December 15 from Lamjang area in Churachandpur district, commandos launched an operation in Salanthong area of Imphal East district and rescued them yesterday.
Three militants of Kuki National Front (N) identified as L Kipgen (25), S Kipgen (53) and Seibolet Seikholet ((34) were also arrested in the search operation.
The militants had earlier demanded Rs 20 lakh from the two truck owners, the employers of the drivers, for their safe release, the police said.
The arrested persons have been handed over to Imphal police station for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city