Two kids die in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Agartala: Two children died and 30 people were hospitalised after eating poisonous `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura, an official said here Saturday.
The condition of 10 people is critical.
"A total of 32 people, including children and women, took ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Dharmanagar of northern Tripura Friday night. Two children died while others were being treated at a government hospital," a health department spokesman told reporters.
A medical team was also rushed to the Maheshpur village, 195 km north of here, for providing medical support.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
The official said: "If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the sick people in Kanchanpur."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'