Two kids die in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Agartala: Two children died and 30 people were hospitalised after eating poisonous `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura, an official said here Saturday.
The condition of 10 people is critical.
"A total of 32 people, including children and women, took ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Dharmanagar of northern Tripura Friday night. Two children died while others were being treated at a government hospital," a health department spokesman told reporters.
A medical team was also rushed to the Maheshpur village, 195 km north of here, for providing medical support.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
The official said: "If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the sick people in Kanchanpur."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use