Two kids die in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Agartala: Two children died and 30 people were hospitalised after eating poisonous `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura, an official said here Saturday.
The condition of 10 people is critical.
"A total of 32 people, including children and women, took ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Dharmanagar of northern Tripura Friday night. Two children died while others were being treated at a government hospital," a health department spokesman told reporters.
A medical team was also rushed to the Maheshpur village, 195 km north of here, for providing medical support.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
The official said: "If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the sick people in Kanchanpur."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement