Two Lashkar militants killed in J&K encounter
Doda: Security forces and police personnel gunned down two dreaded militants of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) outfit along Wanipora Nullah in Sajjan area, about 17 kilometers from Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda District.
The slain militants identified as Javed Ahmed (code name Hurera) son of Gul Mohammad, a resident of village Kashriyani, Doda and Akhter Hussain (code name Mubassir) son of Abdul Rehman, a resident of Jijhot, Jehand, Doda, were commanders of the LeT outfit, active in Doda and Kishtwar districts for the past several years.
The militants were killed in a two-hour long operation from 4 pm to 6 pm on Friday. The security forces or police didn``t suffer any casualties in the operation.
According to official sources, a joint team of 10 Rashtriya Rifles and Doda police launched a search operation at Wanipora Nullah in Sajjan area after developing specific information about the presence of two dreaded LeT militants there.
The militants, who tried to run away, were chased by security forces and police personnel and asked to surrender.
However, the militants opened fire and the security personnel retaliated.
One AK-47 rifle, one .303 rifle, three magazines, 68 rounds, two mobile handsets, one radio set, wire and some explosive material have been recovered from the encounter site.
Some fake currency was also recovered from the spot.
Doda Headquarter Superintendent of Police (SP) Aarif Rishu said with the killing of Hurera and Mubassir, all top militants of the LeT outfit have been eliminated in Doda district. (ANI)
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on