Two Lashkar militants killed in J&K encounter
Doda: Security forces and police personnel gunned down two dreaded militants of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) outfit along Wanipora Nullah in Sajjan area, about 17 kilometers from Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda District.
The slain militants identified as Javed Ahmed (code name Hurera) son of Gul Mohammad, a resident of village Kashriyani, Doda and Akhter Hussain (code name Mubassir) son of Abdul Rehman, a resident of Jijhot, Jehand, Doda, were commanders of the LeT outfit, active in Doda and Kishtwar districts for the past several years.
The militants were killed in a two-hour long operation from 4 pm to 6 pm on Friday. The security forces or police didn``t suffer any casualties in the operation.
According to official sources, a joint team of 10 Rashtriya Rifles and Doda police launched a search operation at Wanipora Nullah in Sajjan area after developing specific information about the presence of two dreaded LeT militants there.
The militants, who tried to run away, were chased by security forces and police personnel and asked to surrender.
However, the militants opened fire and the security personnel retaliated.
One AK-47 rifle, one .303 rifle, three magazines, 68 rounds, two mobile handsets, one radio set, wire and some explosive material have been recovered from the encounter site.
Some fake currency was also recovered from the spot.
Doda Headquarter Superintendent of Police (SP) Aarif Rishu said with the killing of Hurera and Mubassir, all top militants of the LeT outfit have been eliminated in Doda district. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss