Two militants arrested from Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested from different places by police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during search operations, official sources said on Monday.
Police commandos from Imphal West district police station nabbed a member of the banned United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK) from Singjamei area in the outskirts of Imphal yesterday.
Kangleipak is the old name of Manipur.
The UPPK member has been identified as N Ajitkumar Singh (35), sources said adding Assam Rifles personnel also arrested a member of the Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) from the border town of Moreh in Chandel district yesterday.
One 9mm pistol along with five rounds of ammunition was recovered from him.
Both have been handed over to Imphal West district police station for further interrogation, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing