Two militants arrested from Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested from different places by police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during search operations, official sources said on Monday.
Police commandos from Imphal West district police station nabbed a member of the banned United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK) from Singjamei area in the outskirts of Imphal yesterday.
Kangleipak is the old name of Manipur.
The UPPK member has been identified as N Ajitkumar Singh (35), sources said adding Assam Rifles personnel also arrested a member of the Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) from the border town of Moreh in Chandel district yesterday.
One 9mm pistol along with five rounds of ammunition was recovered from him.
Both have been handed over to Imphal West district police station for further interrogation, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India