Two militants arrested from Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested from different places by police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during search operations, official sources said on Monday.
Police commandos from Imphal West district police station nabbed a member of the banned United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK) from Singjamei area in the outskirts of Imphal yesterday.
Kangleipak is the old name of Manipur.
The UPPK member has been identified as N Ajitkumar Singh (35), sources said adding Assam Rifles personnel also arrested a member of the Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) from the border town of Moreh in Chandel district yesterday.
One 9mm pistol along with five rounds of ammunition was recovered from him.
Both have been handed over to Imphal West district police station for further interrogation, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security