Two militants arrested, two lynched in Meghalaya
Shillong: Two militants were arrested Wednesday and arms and ammunition seized from them while an angry mob lynched two insurgents in Meghalaya, police said.
Sengpan Marak, the military wing chief of the A`chik National Liberation Central Army (ANLCA), and his close aide Grewingston Marak were nabbed by the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) commandos from Songsak area in East Garo Hills district.
An AK-47 rifle, 68 rounds of ammunition, one 7.65 mm pistol with 35 rounds of ammunition, four mobile phones with 10 SIM cards, extortion notes and incriminating documents were seized from them, Inspector General of Police (Operations) G.H.P. Raju told IANS.
Police also said angry villagers Wednesday lynched two ANCLA militants - Jehan Momin and Sengrang Sangma - at Mendima in North Garo Hills district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'