Two militants held, bombs seized in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested and several powerful bombs recovered from different areas of Manipur, police said on Tuesday.
A Rita Devi (41) of the Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) was arrested from Cheirao Ching area in Imphal West district yesterday.
A 9mm pistol, 61 rounds of ammunition of different weapons, two mobile phones and `monetary demand letters` were recovered from her possession. She was allegedly involved in extortion, police said.
Another militant Hejim Jang (35) of the Kuki National Army (KNA) was arrested from Litan area in Ukhrul district yesterday.
Several powerful bombs were recovered by police and central military forces from Top Kuki area in Imphal East district during a search operation yesterday. The bombs were later defused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'