Two militants killed in encounter in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants, suspected to be members of major insurgent outfit People`s Liberation Army (PLA), were killed in an encounter with personnel of central para military forces in Manipur`s Ukhrul district, police sources said on Sunday.
Personnel of 44th Assam Rifles were combing Chatrik Nampisha area yesterday in the district bordering Myanmar when they were fired upon by the insurgents.
In the ensuing exchange of fire, two insurgents were killed, sources said adding that the bodies have been to district hospital for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!