Two militants killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants have been killed in an encounter with police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, police said Tuesday.
The police commandos, attached to Imphal East district police, launched a search operation at Yourbung area in the outskirts of the town during which an unidentified militant was killed in an exchange of fire yesterday.
In another encounter, Assam Rifles personnel of 35th battalion were engaged in a shoot out with militants at Kolmunlen village, near Manipur-Myanmar border, in Chandel district yesterday, the police said.
The bodies of the both the militants, who were yet to be identified, were kept at the morgue of the J N Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital here for post mortem and identification, the police said.
One 9 mm pistol, one grenade, one two wheeler, one mobile handset, one AK Rifle with 35 rounds of ammunition and other underground materials were recovered from the two places where the militants were gunned down, the police said.
Over 30 militants have been killed in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days
- Jason Day joined by Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson to start PGA Championship
- Curfew, separatist shutdown enters 15th day in Kashmir