Two militants killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants have been killed in an encounter with police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, police said Tuesday.
The police commandos, attached to Imphal East district police, launched a search operation at Yourbung area in the outskirts of the town during which an unidentified militant was killed in an exchange of fire yesterday.
In another encounter, Assam Rifles personnel of 35th battalion were engaged in a shoot out with militants at Kolmunlen village, near Manipur-Myanmar border, in Chandel district yesterday, the police said.
The bodies of the both the militants, who were yet to be identified, were kept at the morgue of the J N Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital here for post mortem and identification, the police said.
One 9 mm pistol, one grenade, one two wheeler, one mobile handset, one AK Rifle with 35 rounds of ammunition and other underground materials were recovered from the two places where the militants were gunned down, the police said.
Over 30 militants have been killed in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users