Two militants killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants have been killed in an encounter with police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, police said Tuesday.
The police commandos, attached to Imphal East district police, launched a search operation at Yourbung area in the outskirts of the town during which an unidentified militant was killed in an exchange of fire yesterday.
In another encounter, Assam Rifles personnel of 35th battalion were engaged in a shoot out with militants at Kolmunlen village, near Manipur-Myanmar border, in Chandel district yesterday, the police said.
The bodies of the both the militants, who were yet to be identified, were kept at the morgue of the J N Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital here for post mortem and identification, the police said.
One 9 mm pistol, one grenade, one two wheeler, one mobile handset, one AK Rifle with 35 rounds of ammunition and other underground materials were recovered from the two places where the militants were gunned down, the police said.
Over 30 militants have been killed in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?