Two militants killed in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants have been killed in an encounter with police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, police said Tuesday.
The police commandos, attached to Imphal East district police, launched a search operation at Yourbung area in the outskirts of the town during which an unidentified militant was killed in an exchange of fire yesterday.
In another encounter, Assam Rifles personnel of 35th battalion were engaged in a shoot out with militants at Kolmunlen village, near Manipur-Myanmar border, in Chandel district yesterday, the police said.
The bodies of the both the militants, who were yet to be identified, were kept at the morgue of the J N Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital here for post mortem and identification, the police said.
One 9 mm pistol, one grenade, one two wheeler, one mobile handset, one AK Rifle with 35 rounds of ammunition and other underground materials were recovered from the two places where the militants were gunned down, the police said.
Over 30 militants have been killed in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months