Two militants killed in Meghalaya
Shillong: Security forces on Thursday shot dead two tribal militants in an encounter in Meghalaya’s East Garo Hills district.
The 20-minute encounter with the Garo National Liberation Army militants took place at Watregittim village at around 5:30 am when the Swift Weapons and Tactics commandos were on patrol, police said.
The two militants were identified as Rengchang Ch Marak and Subarthapa N Marak.
An AK series rifle, two pistols, a mobile phone and a grenade were seized from the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch