Two militants killed in Meghalaya
Shillong: Security forces today shot dead two tribal militants in an encounter in Meghalaya’s East Garo Hills district.
The 20-minute encounter with the Garo National Liberation Army militants took place at Watregittim village at around 5:30 AM when the Swift Weapons and Tactics commandos were on patrol, police said.
The two militants were identified as Rengchang Ch Marak and Subarthapa N Marak.
An AK series rifle, two pistols, a mobile phone and a grenade were seized from the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...