Two militants nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants
belonging to the ULFA and MULTA were apprehended by security
forces in separate raids in Assam on Saturday, police said.
The forces captured ULFA militant Chiteswar Chetia
alias Mrinmoy Barua in Tinsukia as he came to the town for
Chetia, a close associate of top anti-talk leader
Jiban Moran, was suffering from malaria and later admitted
to Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi Civil Hospital for treatment.
In another incident, an active member of Muslim United
Liberation Tigers of Asom (MULTA) was arrested from Borcholla
area near Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district.
The MULTA militant has been identified as Majibul
Rahman and two pistols recovered from his possession.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife