Two militants nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants
belonging to the ULFA and MULTA were apprehended by security
forces in separate raids in Assam on Saturday, police said.
The forces captured ULFA militant Chiteswar Chetia
alias Mrinmoy Barua in Tinsukia as he came to the town for
Chetia, a close associate of top anti-talk leader
Jiban Moran, was suffering from malaria and later admitted
to Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi Civil Hospital for treatment.
In another incident, an active member of Muslim United
Liberation Tigers of Asom (MULTA) was arrested from Borcholla
area near Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district.
The MULTA militant has been identified as Majibul
Rahman and two pistols recovered from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents