Two militants nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants
belonging to the ULFA and MULTA were apprehended by security
forces in separate raids in Assam on Saturday, police said.
The forces captured ULFA militant Chiteswar Chetia
alias Mrinmoy Barua in Tinsukia as he came to the town for
Chetia, a close associate of top anti-talk leader
Jiban Moran, was suffering from malaria and later admitted
to Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi Civil Hospital for treatment.
In another incident, an active member of Muslim United
Liberation Tigers of Asom (MULTA) was arrested from Borcholla
area near Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district.
The MULTA militant has been identified as Majibul
Rahman and two pistols recovered from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan