Two militants nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants
belonging to the ULFA and MULTA were apprehended by security
forces in separate raids in Assam on Saturday, police said.
The forces captured ULFA militant Chiteswar Chetia
alias Mrinmoy Barua in Tinsukia as he came to the town for
Chetia, a close associate of top anti-talk leader
Jiban Moran, was suffering from malaria and later admitted
to Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi Civil Hospital for treatment.
In another incident, an active member of Muslim United
Liberation Tigers of Asom (MULTA) was arrested from Borcholla
area near Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district.
The MULTA militant has been identified as Majibul
Rahman and two pistols recovered from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam