Two militants nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Two hardcore militants
belonging to the ULFA and MULTA were apprehended by security
forces in separate raids in Assam on Saturday, police said.
The forces captured ULFA militant Chiteswar Chetia
alias Mrinmoy Barua in Tinsukia as he came to the town for
Chetia, a close associate of top anti-talk leader
Jiban Moran, was suffering from malaria and later admitted
to Lokopriyo Gopinath Bordoloi Civil Hospital for treatment.
In another incident, an active member of Muslim United
Liberation Tigers of Asom (MULTA) was arrested from Borcholla
area near Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district.
The MULTA militant has been identified as Majibul
Rahman and two pistols recovered from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire