Two NSCN cadres arrested in Nagaland
Kohima: Two cadres of NSCN were arrested along with money they had extorted and firearms from Nagaland`s Dimapur district, Assam Rifles said on Thursday.
Acting on specific information that money was being extorted from shopowners of Golaghat Road in Dimapur by a NCSN (IM) cadre on March 12, 29 Assam Rifles personnel arrested the man, AR sources said quoting reports.
An amount of Rs 90,800 in cash and `tax collection slips` were recovered from the possession of the NSCN(IM) cadre identified as a resident of a village in Mokokchong.
The man was later handed over to the police in Dimapur, AR sources said.
In another incident, a self-styled lieutenant of NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) faction was apprehended from general area Murgipatti, Dimapur.
One 7.65mm pistol, one magazine and six live rounds were recovered from the cadre, who too was handed over to police, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day