Two NSCN cadres arrested in Nagaland
Kohima: Two cadres of NSCN were arrested along with money they had extorted and firearms from Nagaland`s Dimapur district, Assam Rifles said on Thursday.
Acting on specific information that money was being extorted from shopowners of Golaghat Road in Dimapur by a NCSN (IM) cadre on March 12, 29 Assam Rifles personnel arrested the man, AR sources said quoting reports.
An amount of Rs 90,800 in cash and `tax collection slips` were recovered from the possession of the NSCN(IM) cadre identified as a resident of a village in Mokokchong.
The man was later handed over to the police in Dimapur, AR sources said.
In another incident, a self-styled lieutenant of NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) faction was apprehended from general area Murgipatti, Dimapur.
One 7.65mm pistol, one magazine and six live rounds were recovered from the cadre, who too was handed over to police, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic
- Court hears horror of Khmer Rouge forced marriages