Two NSCN cadres arrested in Nagaland
Kohima: Two cadres of NSCN were arrested along with money they had extorted and firearms from Nagaland`s Dimapur district, Assam Rifles said on Thursday.
Acting on specific information that money was being extorted from shopowners of Golaghat Road in Dimapur by a NCSN (IM) cadre on March 12, 29 Assam Rifles personnel arrested the man, AR sources said quoting reports.
An amount of Rs 90,800 in cash and `tax collection slips` were recovered from the possession of the NSCN(IM) cadre identified as a resident of a village in Mokokchong.
The man was later handed over to the police in Dimapur, AR sources said.
In another incident, a self-styled lieutenant of NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) faction was apprehended from general area Murgipatti, Dimapur.
One 7.65mm pistol, one magazine and six live rounds were recovered from the cadre, who too was handed over to police, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi