Two NSCN cadres arrested in Nagaland
Kohima: Two cadres of NSCN were arrested along with money they had extorted and firearms from Nagaland`s Dimapur district, Assam Rifles said on Thursday.
Acting on specific information that money was being extorted from shopowners of Golaghat Road in Dimapur by a NCSN (IM) cadre on March 12, 29 Assam Rifles personnel arrested the man, AR sources said quoting reports.
An amount of Rs 90,800 in cash and `tax collection slips` were recovered from the possession of the NSCN(IM) cadre identified as a resident of a village in Mokokchong.
The man was later handed over to the police in Dimapur, AR sources said.
In another incident, a self-styled lieutenant of NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) faction was apprehended from general area Murgipatti, Dimapur.
One 7.65mm pistol, one magazine and six live rounds were recovered from the cadre, who too was handed over to police, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan