Two NSCN cadres arrested in Nagaland
Kohima: Two cadres of NSCN were arrested along with money they had extorted and firearms from Nagaland`s Dimapur district, Assam Rifles said on Thursday.
Acting on specific information that money was being extorted from shopowners of Golaghat Road in Dimapur by a NCSN (IM) cadre on March 12, 29 Assam Rifles personnel arrested the man, AR sources said quoting reports.
An amount of Rs 90,800 in cash and `tax collection slips` were recovered from the possession of the NSCN(IM) cadre identified as a resident of a village in Mokokchong.
The man was later handed over to the police in Dimapur, AR sources said.
In another incident, a self-styled lieutenant of NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) faction was apprehended from general area Murgipatti, Dimapur.
One 7.65mm pistol, one magazine and six live rounds were recovered from the cadre, who too was handed over to police, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO