Two NSCN (K) militants arrested in Arunachal
Itanagar: Security forces in Arunachal Pradesh arrested two hardcore NSCN (K) militants from Deomali town in troubled Tirap district, police said on Saturday.
The cadres identified as self-styled sergeant major Wangphiam Letey Lowang and Hangdam Aboh. The two were arrested from Borduria village on Thursday last, Tirap, Superintendent of Police Vikramjit Singh said in a statement today.
Both the rebels were involved in kidnapping and killing of influential businessman MB Singh of Deomali town.
One AK 47 rifle with magazine and 30 live rounds of ammunition besides one .22 pistol with 5 live rounds were seized from their possession, the SP said.
Based on inputs, a joint operation by Assam Rifles, state police and CRPF was launched in the village on Thursday.
During the combing and search operation Wangphiam was apprehended from Borduria village.
The other cadre Aboh was subsequently apprehended during the operation from Laptang village.
Wangphiam was the prime suspect in the abduction of businessman M B Singh of Deomali town who had been missing from Borduria in January last year.
On sustained interrogation, he admitted to being part of the conspiracy of kidnapping the businessman and his killing.
He also pointed out the exact spot where the body of the victim was buried, the SP informed.
A proper exhumation was carried out and the relatives of the victim even identified the clothes as that being of Singh, the SP claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail