Two NSCN(K) operatives arrested in Itanagar
Itanagar: Two hardcore NSCN (K) operatives wanted in connection with several cases, have been arrested and a stolen vehicle was recovered from their possession.
On specific information, a police team raided their hideout and arrested Matlan Khetey and Monglat Akhang yesterday, the police said.
Khetey had earlier threatened BJP leader Wangman Lowangcha at Borduria, while Akhang was involved in several cases of extortion in Khonsa, the district headquarters and had looted a number of trucks near Bogapani, the police said.
Both were wanted in a highway robbery case wherein they stole a SUV which was being used by the Army brigade headquarters in Khonsa on hire, after attacking the driver on the intervening night of August 25 and 26 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video