Two persons killed in Sikkim landslide
Gangtok: Two persons were on Wednesday killed in a landslide at Munsithang near Chungthang in North Sikkim.
At around 4.00 am today, Chewing Lachenpa, Chedup Tamang and B Tshering had proceeded on a hike towards the Intake of Rabom Power House.
On the way, they were caught in a landslide and Chewing and Chedup were crushed under the debris while B Tshering managed to escape.
He returned to Munsithang and told the villagers about the incident and a search and rescue effort was launched immediately.
The body of Chewing Lachenpa (30), a resident of Munsithang was recovered and brought to Munsithang, police said.
In the afternoon, the body of Chedup Tamang, also known as Nim Tanzee Tamang (38), a resident of Phaparkheti, Kalimpong, was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read