Two persons killed in Sikkim landslide
Gangtok: Two persons were on Wednesday killed in a landslide at Munsithang near Chungthang in North Sikkim.
At around 4.00 am today, Chewing Lachenpa, Chedup Tamang and B Tshering had proceeded on a hike towards the Intake of Rabom Power House.
On the way, they were caught in a landslide and Chewing and Chedup were crushed under the debris while B Tshering managed to escape.
He returned to Munsithang and told the villagers about the incident and a search and rescue effort was launched immediately.
The body of Chewing Lachenpa (30), a resident of Munsithang was recovered and brought to Munsithang, police said.
In the afternoon, the body of Chedup Tamang, also known as Nim Tanzee Tamang (38), a resident of Phaparkheti, Kalimpong, was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident