Two poachers arrested in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two men, on their way to
Kaziranga National Park, along with arms and ammunition, have
been arrested in Assam`s Jorhat district, the police said
The duo, who were travelling on a motorcycle, were
arrested during a routine check at Jorhat Bye-pass on National
Highway-37 last night and a rifle, a magazine, 12 rounds of
live cartridges, a silencer and mobile phones have been
recovered from their possession.
Identified as Bishnu Pegu and Nagen Pegu, they were on
the way to Kaziranga National Park (KNP) after procuring arms
and ammunition from Nagaland.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parashar said
they were wanted by the forest department for the involvement
in the running a racket in rhino poaching, particularly in
Kaziranga National Park.
In the last three months, poachers have killed at
least five rhinos in Kaziranga national park and fled with the
They have been booked under Arms Act and Wild Life
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing