Two poachers arrested in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two men, on their way to
Kaziranga National Park, along with arms and ammunition, have
been arrested in Assam`s Jorhat district, the police said
The duo, who were travelling on a motorcycle, were
arrested during a routine check at Jorhat Bye-pass on National
Highway-37 last night and a rifle, a magazine, 12 rounds of
live cartridges, a silencer and mobile phones have been
recovered from their possession.
Identified as Bishnu Pegu and Nagen Pegu, they were on
the way to Kaziranga National Park (KNP) after procuring arms
and ammunition from Nagaland.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parashar said
they were wanted by the forest department for the involvement
in the running a racket in rhino poaching, particularly in
Kaziranga National Park.
In the last three months, poachers have killed at
least five rhinos in Kaziranga national park and fled with the
They have been booked under Arms Act and Wild Life
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?