Two poachers nabbed at Kaziranga National Park
Guwahati: Two poachers were nabbed Sunday
by a joint team of the police and forest guards in stepped up
operations against poaching in the world-famed Kaziranga
Acting on a tip-off, the poachers were apprehended
from Bhojmari area in the northern range of the park falling
under Sonitpur district, officials said.
Two .303 rifles, three cartridges and an elephant tusk
weighing half a kilogram was recovered from the two poachers,
who have been identified as Anwar Islam and Azizur Rahman.
Forest guards and the police have stepped up
operations against poachers inside the park, killing four of
them on Friday and arresting seven, including a retired forest
guard, on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters