Two power department employees electrocuted in Arunachal
Itanagar: Two power department employees working on a power line during load-shedding were electrocuted when power was switched on at Ganga Market near here today, police sources said.
There was a powercut between 6.30 am to 7.30 AM and a junior engineer of the department who was overseeing the work did not inform the power house about maintenance work being carried out, the sources said.
The power house at Chandranagar without knowing that work was going on switched on the power supply that led to the two deaths, sources added.
The two dead were identified as lineman Godapani Das and casual worker Ram Ferrai. A third employee Tikaram Chetri was admitted to the Rama Krishna Mission Hospital here in a serious condition, the sources said.
A case was registered against the junior engineer Karan Singh, who was manhandled by power department employee, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan