Two power department employees electrocuted in Arunachal
Itanagar: Two power department employees working on a power line during load-shedding were electrocuted when power was switched on at Ganga Market near here today, police sources said.
There was a powercut between 6.30 am to 7.30 AM and a junior engineer of the department who was overseeing the work did not inform the power house about maintenance work being carried out, the sources said.
The power house at Chandranagar without knowing that work was going on switched on the power supply that led to the two deaths, sources added.
The two dead were identified as lineman Godapani Das and casual worker Ram Ferrai. A third employee Tikaram Chetri was admitted to the Rama Krishna Mission Hospital here in a serious condition, the sources said.
A case was registered against the junior engineer Karan Singh, who was manhandled by power department employee, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes